Christian Science was begun by Mary Baker Eddy (1821-1910), who pioneered new ideas about spirituality and health. Inspired by her own experience of healing in 1866, Eddy spent years in Bible study, prayer, and research of various healing methods. The result was a system of healing she dubbed “Christian Science” in 1879. Her book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, broke new ground in the understanding of the mind-body-spirit connection. She went on to found a college, a church, a publishing enterprise, and the respected newspaper “The Christian Science Monitor.” Because of its similarity to other groups, many believe Christian Science to be a non-Christian cult.
Christian Science teaches that God—Father-Mother of all—is completely good and wholly spiritual and that all God’s creation, including the true nature of every person, is the flawless spiritual likeness of the Divine. Since God’s creation is good, evils such as disease, death, and sin cannot be a part of fundamental reality. Rather, these evils are the result of living apart from God. Prayer is a central way to come closer to God and heal human ills. This differs from the Bible, which teaches that man is born in sin inherited from Adam’s fall and that sin separates us from God. Without God’s saving grace through the death of Christ on the cross, we would never be healed of the ultimate sickness—sin.
Rather than teaching that Jesus heals our spiritual sickness (see Isaiah 53:5), Christian Scientists see Jesus’ ministry as their own paradigm for healing, believing it demonstrates the centrality of healing in regard to salvation. Christian Scientists pray to realize more of the reality of God and God’s love daily and to experience and help others experience the harmonizing, healing effects of this understanding.
For most Christian Scientists, spiritual healing is an effective first choice and, as a result, they turn to the power of prayer in lieu of medical treatment. Government authorities have occasionally challenged this approach, especially in circumstances when medical treatment is withheld from minors. However, there is no church policy mandating members’ health-care decisions.
Christian Science has no ministers. Rather, the Bible and Science and Health act as pastor and preacher. Bible lessons are studied daily and read aloud on Sunday by two elected lay members of each local congregation. Christian Science churches also hold weekly testimonial meetings, at which congregation members relate experiences of healing and regeneration.
Christian Science fiction delusion teaches:
- Christian Science teaches that the Bible is full of mistakes they switch terminology and spiritualize texts until they have no divine revelation whatsoever — To them Scripture is made up of metaphors, allegories, myths and fables.
- Christian Science teaches that they have rediscovered the healing principle of Jesus and his disciples, lost since the early Christian era
- Christian Science denies any trinity other than life, truth and love
- Christian Science teaches that Jesus is not God
- Christian Science teaches God is divine principle, God is mind, God is all in all, God is impersonal — man is an idea of God
- Christian Science teaches that man is coexistent and coeternal with God
- Christian Science teaches Jesus was born because of Mary’s thoughts of life and its manifestation — Mary conceived the spiritual idea of God and named it Jesus
- Christian Science teaches that the sick are healed by knowing that there is no sickness – sickness is part of the error which truth casts out
- Christian Science teaches that disease, sin, sickness and death are all illusions
- Christian Science teaches there was no atonement for us by the blood of Jesus — They say “He atoned for the terrible unreality of a supposed existence apart from God”
- Christian Science teaches Jesus did not die, He was hidden — He never rose from the dead physically
- Christian Science teaches that prayer to a personal God will lead us into temptation it is a hindrance not a help. They say the only true prayer is the affirmation of principle allness
- Christian Science teaches that man is inherently good
- Christian Science denies that the physical body even exists
- Christian Science teaches the ascension was Jesus rising above the physical knowledge of his disciples and the material senses saw him no more
- Christian Science teaches that the sinner makes his own hell by doing evil, and the saints their own heaven by doing what is right
- Christian Science teaches that Heaven is the reign of Divine Science — Heaven is harmony
- Christian Science teaches that man is God’s idea and he is already saved
- Christian Science teaches that death is an illusion the lie of life in matter; the unreal and untrue; the opposite of Life.
Man is an idea in the mind of God?
Since nothing evil exists and life is an illusion it is easy to be a happy delusional Christian Scientist. They do not want to look at the possibility of physical reality. Someday soon they will find out that the real idea in God’s mind was to send His Son to save them from such self-delusion but that they would have none of it.
Of all the “Christian” cults in existence, “Christian Science” is the most inaccurately named. Christian Science is neither Christian or based on science. Christian Science denies all the core truths of what makes a system “Christian.” Christian Science is, in fact, opposed to science and points to mystical new-age spirituality as the path for physical and spiritual healing. Christian Science should be recognized and rejected as the anti-Christian cult that it is.